Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just Another Worldly Muslimah

Thoughts, Observations and Ideas

I am just another worldly Muslimah who wants to share her thoughts, observations and ideas with interested readers out there. I chose the word worldly not to convey the idea that I am one of those devoted to the temporal world as opposed to the spiritual, nor am I overly concerned with the secular issues in my life over the spiritual ones.

Instead, I chose the word worldly because I think I understand the ways of this world and its inhabitants - the positives, the negatives, all of its manipulations, and all of its attractions. Ok, maybe I am exaggerating a tad bit.

But I have lived around the world, mostly in cosmopolitan cities that has enabled me to meet and interact with different kinds of people from different cultures. I think I have developed a kind of worldly understanding of how things and people function.

Now, being worldly is not necessarily a bad thing. It has made me sophisticated in my ability to react to the world, and it has helped me advance in the secular world.

Still, I think it is time to focus more on my spiritual development. And since I have more time on my hands these days (I have just returned to the country of my birth, Singapore, after 13 years away, to try and spend some months taking stock of my life), I thought it would be a good idea to document my various thoughts, observations and ideas in a blog.

Please feel free to leave your comments. I am always interested to know what others think. However, I do not appreciate anonymous comments so I am restricting the comments to those who have OpenId. If you prefer not to leave me a public comment, please feel free to email me at amaryllisma [at] gmail.com

Enjoy.

No comments: